"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Egg Allergy

Did you know that if you have an egg allergy you need to be careful about getting the flu shot and MMR?

I did not know this till today. I have found that Noelle and Cyann have reactions to eggs. But little did I know that my hesitancy to get the flu shot and the swine flu shot were justified in this case. Thank you God for not letting me feel comfortable with getting those shots.

In this case my mommy instincts were right on.

While at the doctors office for Noelle and Cyann's well checks I mentioned that they both have reactions to eggs. Well our wonderful doctor was a little concered about the shots that they were supose to get and checked to see which ones they needed. No MMR today they have to special order one that is not grown in an egg. Yes they grow the vaccination in an egg. They also grow the flu vaccine in eggs as well.

You learn something new everyday dont cha. Rest assured there is a flu shot that is available for people with egg allergy you just have to special order it.

here is some more info on the subject if you would like to look into it:

http://foodallergies.about.com/od/eggallergies/f/eggsinvaccines.htm

1 comment:

Kerri H said...

Hi..Logan has an egg allergy as well..but I'm hoping he will grow out of this soon..we had to have the special flu and H1N1 shot for him also. I bet you have some great eggless recipes!